Sunday, February 28, 2016

Refinishing the cabinets, Part 3

It was another shellac weekend.  We weren't happy with the way the shellac went on with a loose rag, so a little google research on the French Polish technique and we made up some applicator pads.  They are made from an old baby boppy, but would work just as well using an old t-shirt.

We ended up with 2 coats of amber shellac on most of the cabinets, though some areas needed 3 to blend well.  

We weren't going to use clear shellac, but the pads made it so easy to lay down in one stroke, we added two coats as most of the pros do.

No comments:

Post a Comment