Sunday, November 15, 2015

Rebuilding the wall framing

With the scraps from our Chinese plywood and 2x4 framing failures, we built some sawhorses sized for the trailer walls.

The original walls were built with nearly all 1x2 framing.

We wanted a bit more wood in the rot prone sill boards, so we used 1x6 with an additional 1x4 above the wheel wells.

The rebuilt curb side wall

The rebuilt street side wall

We used nearly 100 pocket hole screws to replace the rotten framing

And we even found a festive use for the remaining Chinese junk plywood

Sunday, November 1, 2015

Uh Oh Part 4

After about 6 months in the record setting SoCal heat, our carport roof disintegrated in a late fall windstorm.  We replaced it with a cheap Costco tarp that is holding up well.